Watch our sponsored artists Sophie (@sophiesophss) use our brand new product 2-Thick to create some 3D floral art! Keep reading to learn or watch the full youtube video here!
1. Paint your canvas the base color you want with Angelus Paints. Feel free to mix paints to get the exact color you desire!
2. Mix the Angelus Paint colors that you want to use with Angelus 2-Thick
*Check out how different ratios of 2-Thick mixed into Angelus affect how the paint will look.*
3. Use a Palette Knife to apply the petals of each flower. Get some of your Paint/2-Thick mixture on the bottom of your knife, the press down on the canvas and slide the palette knife away. This will create a 3D petal.
4. Repeat the process, overlapping the flower petals in a circular motion.
5. Create multiple flowers across your canvas using your Angelus Paint/2-Thick mixtures.
6. Use different size palette knives to get different size flowers.
7. Repeat the process with a green Angelus Paint/2-Thick mixture. Stop at 3 petals to create the look of leaves!
8. Fill a Fondant Bag with an Angelus Paint/2-Thick mixture and cut the tip off.Use this to create small dots in the center of your flower petals to complete their look.
9. (Optional) If you want to add a protective layer or change the sheen of your artwork, use an Angelus finisher such as our 4-Coat.
10. Enjoy your finished piece!
Angelus 2-Thick is not just limited to being used on canvases. Push the limits of your creativity and use it on other artworks, including creating 3D details on custom shoes!