Rit White-Wash Fabric Whitener
Are you looking for something to revive your dingy white shoelaces or other fabrics? Rit White-Wash is your solution, a chlorine-free bleach and whitener combined that is specifically formulated to brighten dingy white fabrics, plus remove any yellowing and discoloration. It will even attack stains, like grass, grease and lipstick. Simply use White-Wash with your detergent to bring that fresh off-the-rack pop back to your favorite whites.
For Whites Only. Do not use on colored fabrics or whites with color trims or prints.
Method #1 (Preferred) - Stovetop
- Fill a stainless-steel pot with enough water for fabric to move freely.
- Heat water to just below boiling (200ºF or greater) and maintain temperature.
- Carefully add Rit White-Wash, pouring just above water level. Avoid breathing in powder and use with adequate ventilation. For small to medium loads, use the entire package. For large & extra-large loads, use two packages of Rit White-Wash.
- Add 1 tablespoon of laundry detergent into pot and mix well.
- Add fabric to bath
- Stire consistently for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully drain White-Wash solution into sink.
- Wearing rubber gloves, rinse the fabric in warm water and then gradually cool water.
- Dry as usual.
Method #2 - Washing Machine
- Set water temperature to the hottest possible setting and a wash cycle of at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Start the cycle.
- Carefully add Rit White-Wash, pouring just above water level. For small and medium loads, use one package of Rit White-Wash. For large and extra-large loads, use two packages of Rit White-Wash. Avoid breathing in powder and use with adequate ventilation.
- Add laundry detergent as usual
- When agitation begins, add unfolded fabric to washing machine. Avoid crowding.
- Once the cycle is complete, dry as usual.